This colophon describes how the Living Legends website was built using WordPress and selected plugins.
Living Legends is very grateful for the photographers who have generously provided us with permission to use their photos on this website. They include:
- Andrew Haysom
- Bronwen Healy, Bronwen Healy Photography
- Gregory Mereau
- Neville Goldsmith
- Sam D’Agostino, SDP Media
- Tomoya Moriuchi
The Living Legends web site runs using the WordPress v3.4.2 blogging and content management system, an open source solution released under the GNU license scheme. WordPress is a solution built using the PHP scripting language, with MySQL for the database.
The following WordPress plugins are installed:
- Event Espresso
- Event Espresso – Used to display events and handle event registration.
- Event Espresso – Calendar – A full calendar add-on for Event Espresso.
- Event Espresso – MailChimp Integration – A MailChimp integration add-on for Event Espresso.
- Event Espresso – A multi event registration – A Multi Event Registration add-on for Event Espresso.
- Event Espresso – Permissions – A permissions add-on for Event Espresso.
- Event Espresso – Recurring Events – A recurring events add-on for Event Espresso.
- Event Espresso – Social Media – A social media add-on for Event Espresso.
- Event Espresso – Ticketing – A ticketing add-on for Event Espresso.
- Gravity Forms
- Gravity Forms – Easily create web forms and manage form entries.
- Gravity Forms – MailChimp Add-On – Integrates Gravity Forms with MailChimp.
- Gravity Forms – PayPal Add-On – Enables end users to purchase using PayPal goods and services through Gravity Forms.
- Gravity Forms – Polls Add-On – Polls add-on for Gravity Forms.
- Genesis Framework
- Genesis eNews Extended – Replaces the Genesis eNews Widget to allow easier use of additional mailing services.
- Genesis Featured Widget Amplified – Genesis featured posts with support for custom post types, taxonomies, and so much more.
- Genesis Responsive Slider – used by the Agency theme.
- Genesis Simple Breadcrumbs – Makes common changes to the Genesis breadcrumbs easy.
- Genesis Simple Comments – Makes common changes to the Genesis comments easy.
- Genesis Simple Edits – Lets you edit the three most commonly modified areas in any Genesis theme: the post-info (byline), the post-meta, and the footer area.
- Genesis Simple Hooks – Easy access to the 50+ action hooks in the Genesis theme framework.
- Genesis Single Post Navigation – Adds next and previous navigation links on single posts.
- Genesis Subpages as Secondary Menu – Replaces the manually managed Secondary Menu with one that automatically lists the current section’s subpages.
- Photo Gallery
- NextGEN Gallery – The next generation photo gallery for WordPress.
- Social Media
- SEO and Analytics
- Anti-Spam and Security
- Akismet – comment and trackback spam protection.
- Comment E-Mail Verification – If a comment is held for moderation an e-mail message is sent to the comment’s author with a link to verify the comment author’s e-mail address.
- Comment Redirect – Redirect commenters who just made their first comment to a page of your choice.
- Exploit Scanner – Searches the files on your website, and the posts and comments tables of your database for anything suspicious.
- Content Enhancements
- Blog Icons – A simple method of adding favicons and iPod Touch / iPhone icons.
- Exclude Pages from Navigation – Adds a checkbox on the editing page which lets you exclude pages from the primary navigation.
- FitVids for WordPress – makes videos responsive using the FitVids jQuery plugin on WordPress.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users.
- WordPress Tabs Slides – Easily add content tabs and/or content slides.
- Utilities / Management
The Living Legends website runs on the Linux operating system, using the Apache web server.
The Living Legends web site respects W3C standards.
Adobe Illustrator CS5.5 and Adobe PhotoShop CS5.5 are used to build the graphics for the Living Legends web site.
NoteTab Pro and Microsoft Word 2010 are used as the text editors to write the content.
Google Analytics is used to analyse web site traffic and marketing effectiveness.
An Animoto account is used to generate feature and short video slide shows for the web site.
A Bitly account is used for URL shortening and tracking, plus QR Code generation.
TweetDeck is used to publish and manage tweets.
We’ve also added support for the social media newcomer Pinterest – see our pinboards at Pinterest.
The Living Legends web site is optimised for a screen resolution of 1024×800 or higher, with web browsers MS Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, or Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or later.
The Agency Theme is mobile responsive in design.